The Kirov Square
From hotel: 15 min.When Irkutsk only erected in this place was the pond, the pond has blossomed gradually, later he fell asleep, and in his place came retail space.
Previously, the main square of the town called Tikhvin, in honor of the Tikhvin church, which was erected in 1706-1708 years. Now it is building Vostsibugol. The church got its name for the Tikhvin icon, which was brought from the town of Tikhvin, Leningrad Region.
First place in the administration building was a great Kazan Cathedral in memory of which in 2000 was consecrated a chapel. Irkutsk cathedral was one of the largest places of worship in Russia.
In Soviet times, and the Cathedral and the Church of Tikhvin were destroyed, and the area renamed the park to them. Kirov.
The main city square was renamed several times, at different times, it was called: The Kremlin, Spasskaya Bogorodskaya, Tikhvin. Now the area is surrounded: Linguistic University, the building of "Irkutskenergo" hotel "Angara", right in the center - the building of the administration of the Irkutsk region.
The route from the hotel: